- Review, document, input and file all manual Journals.
- Analysis of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Accounts, including explanation of movements in accounts and correct codifications.
- Provide analysis of spend versus previous month and against budget together with overall year-on-year comparison while identifying areas of exposure and actions to close.
- Prepare and analyse Difference in Exchange (DIE) reports and other impact from external factors, and recommend course of actions to mitigate impacts. Ensure Correct Operating and Capital Expenditure Budgets, and monitor spend against set limit. Assist Management Information Manager in formulating Plan/Budget and Quarterly forecasts.
- Master Reference Data Focal Point, responsible maintaining the Business Units Structure, Chart of Accounts, and the Accounting Instructions on ERP/System.
- Focal point for Finance Key Performance Indicators – Devise and implement action plan to address any gap and/or deviations.
- Responsible for daily analysis and review of System Integrity reports for General Ledger.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- A holder of Bachelor’s in commerce, statistics, Business Administration and or any other Accounting professional qualifications (ACCA or CPA)
- Proficiency in general accounting and double-entry. Fundamental understanding of financial chart of account structures.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives with competing interests for time and evolving priorities.
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of an ERP system and the Microsoft Office suite. Good practical experience of Excel is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- A capacity for hard work, with high commitment and a “self-starter” approach.
- Proven ability to work and contribute as a member of a team in a challenging and dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem -solving skills with high attention to detail.