FAQ –EZYPASS CARD
1. IS THE EZYPASS CARD COMING TO REPLACE THE EXISTING SHELL CARD?
No. The existing Shell card will operate alongside the Ezypass card. The Ezypass card is another payment option for customers. The Ezypass card is a prepaid card and does not offer the post-paid option of the existing Shell card.
2. IF I HAVE THE EXISTING SHELL CARD, CAN I APPLY FOR EZYPASS?
Yes. If you have the Shell card either through your company or through a bank, you can still sign up for an Ezypass card. The two cards operate independently.
3. WHERE CAN I OBTAIN AN EZYPASS CARD?
You can obtain your Ezypass card from all Ezypass-branded Shell stations across the country.
4. WHICH INFORMATION IS REQUIRED FROM CUSTOMERS TO SIGN ON TO THE EZYPASS CARD?
A valid national ID card (passport, Voters ID, Driver’s License, National ID card only), as well as following details:
- Name of Customer
- Active Cell Phone Number
- Email Address
- Residential Address
- Date of Birth.
5. CAN I REGISTER A CARD FOR MY FRIEND?
Yes. You can register a card for your friend if you have the details above required to register.
6. CAN I TOP UP A FRIENDS CARD, AND HOW?
Yes. You can top up the card of a friend at any Shell station. All that you require is the card number at the back of their card, and the money you want to credit.
7. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY CARD IS LOST, OR I FORGET MY PASSWORD?
There is a 24-hour Zenith Bank call centre to support all card holders. If your card is lost or you forget your PIN, you may call any of the following numbers or go to any Zenith Bank branch or Shell station offering Ezypass cards – 080010100; 0302 660075; 0302 680884. Alternatively, you may send an email to [email protected]. A new card will be issued to replace the card, and the funds on the lost card will be transferred to the new card.
8. CAN I CHANGE MY PIN?
Yes. The PIN can be changed when you follow the Ezypass link on the Vivo Energy website – www.vivoenergy.com. You need the Customer ID number at the back of the card and the passcode next to the PIN number to access the site.
9. HOW DO I GET A STATEMENT OF MY TRANSACTIONS?
The statements of your transactions are all stored on the website given above. When you access the site, you can view all transactions made.
10. WHAT DO I DO IF MY CARD IS DEBITED WRONGLY WITHOUT RECEIVING A SERVICE OR GOODS?
This should be brought to the attention of Zenith Bank through the numbers given above. The decline receipt, if available, should be provided. When the Shell station you visited and the date of transaction is supplied, Zenith will initiate the process of investigation to reverse the wrong debit.
11. CAN I TRANSFER MY FUNDS ON THE SHELL CARD TO THE EZYPASS CARD?
Funds on the Shell card cannot be transferred to the Ezypass card. The two cards are independent.
12. CAN I REGISTER AND OBTAIN MORE THAN ONE EZYPASS CARD?
You cannot use the same detail to obtain two cards. This is a check against fraud and money laundering. You can only use your details once to register a card.
13. CAN I WITHDRAW MONEY FROM THE EZYPASS CARD?
Yes. You can withdraw money from any VISA accepting ATM. You cannot however request for money back at a Shell station.
14. DOES THE CARD EXPIRE?
The cards have an expiry date of three years from the time of issue. After three years, they will be replaced for the customers.
15. HOW MUCH DOES THE CARD COST, AND ARE THERE TRANSACTION CHARGES WHEN I USE IT?
The cards are issued for free to every customer. There are no transaction charges if you buy fuel at a Shell station. However, there is a charge of 20 pesewas when you use the card to purchase items from a Shell shop. When you withdraw money from a Zenith Bank ATM, the charge is 20 pesewas, but the charge is higher when you withdraw from an ATM of another bank.
16. WHERE CAN I TOP UP, OR LOAD MONEY ON TO MY CARD?
You can recharge your card at all Ezypass-branded Shell stations, or any Zenith Bank branch. In the next phase, customers will be able to top-up their cards using their mobile wallet.
17. HOW DO I KNOW IF THE MONEY I HAVE LOADED IS ON THE CARD?
The balance on your card can be verified using the POS/Terminal at the same station which topped up the card. The station must refresh the terminal after loading before they check the balance.
18. WHICH OTHER CARD CAN BE ACCEPTED BY THE ZENITH POS?
The Terminal/POS for the Ezypass card also accepts all VISA-enabled cards, MasterCard, Gh-Link, and China Union card.
19. IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT I CAN TOP-UP ON MY CARD?
Customers can top-up their cards up to Ghs 2,000 a day. If a customer wants to load more than this amount per day, he/she must contact Zenith to sign a form for this limit to be removed for him/her.
20. CAN I USE THE CARD OUTSIDE A SHELL FILLING STATION?
The card can be used at any outlet/shop which accepts VISA cards. The use of the card for online shopping has been restricted for now.
21. CAN I TRANSFER FUNDS FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT TO THE CARD?
Customers cannot transfer funds from their bank account to the card for now. This option is being discussed.