Vivo Energy Namibia, the company that markets and distributes Shell fuels and lubricants in Namibia, launched the Shell Fuel Card to the market on Thursday.
The Deputy Minister of Mines and Energy, Kornelia Shilunga officially launched the card in the presence of Bank of Namibia and Payment Association of Namibia (PAN) representatives.
Johan Grobbelaar, Vivo Energy Namibia MD at the launch said: “Vivo Energy Namibia strives to innovate and bring solutions to our customers. As such, I am proud to bring to you the Shell fuel card in Namibia.”
“We are excited to announce that we are the first fuel company to launch a card that’s approved by Bank of Namibia.”
The MD thanked the Bank of Namibia for granting the necessary approval, following stringent standards that had to be adhered to.
The Shell Fuel Card is a smart technology fuel payment option that gives fleet owners control over their fuel spent. The card was approved as a payment instrument by Bank of Namibia in September 2017.
The Shell Fuel Card offers:
- Smart technology with chip and PIN for security and control
- Vehicle identification and tagging
- Driver identification and tagging
- Point of sale transaction
- Postpaid and Prepaid Cards options
- Control options – with product, geographical or time restrictions
- Convenience options – possibility of multiple drivers per card
- Comprehensive reporting with monthly easy-to-read statements for your fleet
- Key information reported on single page
The card is an optimal fleet management tool which provides MORE CONTROL AND LESS EFFORT. It also boosts driver security, as no cash is carried for fuel.
Another benefit to fleet owners is the ease of fleet/vehicle performance tracking; efficient administrative and financial operations; and reduced fuel related fraud.
Fleet owners and companies can expect a turnaround time on their applications within 24-48 hours for prepaid cards and 48-72 hours for post-paid cards.
The Shell network offers over 42 sites that accept the cards on the forecourts.