Gwe Kapo is a targeted campaign addressing specific needs of the Boda rider with unique communication material, site activations and engagements at Shell retail stations. Our offer to the Boda rider will include; a motorbike specific lubricant (Shell Advance), designated motorbike service centre (Shell Boda Express), a dedicated Shell motorbike mechanic, a dedicated fuelling pump (Shell Boda Spot) and a dedicated change service point. The campaign name, “Gwe Kapo” says it all. This campaign will be the first of its kind in Uganda as we look to shine a light on the Boda Boda cyclists and give them the service and respect they deserve as our key customers.
Gwe kapo is a campaign meant for the boda boda riders. This is a big segment of the transport industry in Uganda yet only a few organisations have developed targeted products for the Boda boda community. At Vivo Energy we care for the Boda Boda rider as much as we do for all our other customers. The boda boda riders play a very vital role in our society, they transport our kids, help us pay our bills, get us food and of course, get us to remote and traffic dense locations when we need to get there fast.
In our market currently, there is no differentiated service offering for the motorbike rider. At Vivo Energy we value all our customers in equal measure and are committed to serving the rapidly growing motorbike market with a specialised proposition.
The launch of Gwe Kapo, an end to end offering to the Boda rider, is an affirmation that Vivo Energy recognises and appreciates this segment.
The Gwe Kapo campaign is much bigger and better, with more service offerings added to the Shell boda spot.
The boda spot launched earlier came with only a specialised fuelling pump for the riders. With the Gwe Kapo campaign, the rider value offering has been expanded to include;
First, they get preferential fuelling priority & treatment at their dedicated fuel pump (Shell Boda Spot) and avoid queuing-up with vehicles at the same pump. What’s more, the Boda rider can excess cash change at this dedicated fuelling point at any time, whether or not they will have made a purchase.
The rider also gets high speed service and minor repairs at our dedicated service point with dedicated motorbike mechanic (the Shell Boda Express). As a result, this reduced bike service time means the rider gets to get back on the road quicker and therefore make more money in his business.
To top this all off, riders stand a chance to win big in our Shell Boda Club. All riders that purchase Shell Advance get registered into our loyalty club book and receive a loyalty card. Repeat purchases will earn riders multiple prizes including airtime, t-shirts, reflector jackets, Key rings and for the biggest prize to be won, a brand new motorbike.
Shell Boda Club is a loyalty program through which Vivo Energy will reward motorbike riders for using Shell Advance and servicing their bikes at Shell service stations. There are many rewards lined up for loyal riders.
To join the Shell Boda club, a Boda rider will need to service their bike at Shell retail stations. At the first service, rider details will be captured in the Shell boda club book and the rider will also receive a Shell Boda Club card. All subsequent service details will be captured both in the Boda Club book maintained at Shell retail stations and on the riders personal club card. Those that purchase more stand a chance to win more.
Member in the Shell boda club will be rewarded with Shell freebies such as Airtime, T-Shirts, Helmets, reflector jackets, key rings and brand new motorbikes.
All motorbike riders are eligible to join the Shell Boda Club. All they have to do is service their motorbikes at Shell retail stations and get registered into the Shell Boda Club book.
Shell boda Club is a conduit for rewarding our loyal Boda Boda customers. We are serious about our commitment to harness our offering to the Boda rider and there is no better way than to show this appreciation to frequent users than to give back to them with our array of prizes under the club.
To ensure that the rewards process is fair and equitable, it has been structured in a way that those who purchase more stand a higher chance of winning.
The launch of the Gwe Kapo campaign is the start of offering a differentiated service to our motorbike customers, and an affirmation that Vivo Energy recognises and appreciates their business. I call on all the boda bodas and other cyclists to try out the Shell Boda service centres and experience motorbike service like a king. At Shell, we say, Owa Boda, Gwe Kapo.
1. This promotion is restricted to persons over the age of eighteen (18) years. Proof of age may be required prior to redemption of any prize.
2. The promotion will run from 5th April 2018 to 31st December 2018. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend the duration of this promotion.
3. Decisions made by VIVO Energy Uganda shall be final and binding. By participating in the promotion, the participants/ consumers agree to abide by and observe these terms and conditions.
4. All motorcycle riders will be eligible to participate in the promotion at Shell retail sites. In order to so participate a motorcycle rider shall register as a Shell Boda Club member. Registration of Shell Boda Club members will be retail service station specific and will take place upon servicing a motorcycle at a Shell Boda Express at designated Shell retail service stations. Upon registration the motorcycle and the rider’s details will be captured in a Shell Boda Club Book and the motorcycle rider will be issued with a Shell Boda Club membership card. The following rules will apply to registration:
5. A motorcycle rider will be able to register and participate at different retail service stations. In such cases, the motorcycle rider will have two or more different Shell Boda Club registrations but under the same motorcycle registration number (if the same motorcycle is used for registration at the different retail service stations). A Shell Boda Club service record from one retail service station shall not be transferable to the Shell Boda Club service record of another retail service station.
6. A motorcycle rider will be able to register more than one motorcycle into the Shell Boda Club, however, each motorcycle will have a separate registration and service record.
7. A Shell Boda Club member who services his/her motorcycle at a Shell Boda Express during the first 3 (three) months of the promotion will be entitled to 500/- worth of airtime on every service.
8. Purchases/servicing can be made by any motorcycle rider provided that such motorcycle is tagged to a specific Shell Boda Club member.
9. Shell Boda Club members who participate in activations will be eligible to participate in raffles where they may win various prizes.
10. Shell Boda Club members will be eligible to enter draws from time to time during the promotion period towards winning a motorcycle. The number of entries in a member’s service record will determine the number or entries that such member will have in such draws.
11. Prizes will be redeemable at Shell retail service stations provided that a motorcycle rider shall only redeem prizes at the retail service station(s) where he/she was registered as a Shell Boda Club member. Vivo Energy reserves the right to reward motorcycle riders during the course of this promotion.
12. By agreeing to participate in the promotion you are giving VIVO Energy Uganda permission to contact you for further information.
13. By agreeing to participate in the promotion, all winners of the prizes agree that their full names, photos, video footage and other details be made public in such media that VIVO Energy Uganda may choose and that they will further agree to participate in all public relations and marketing activities of VIVO Energy Uganda on such terms, as VIVO Energy Uganda may require without any additional consideration.
14. All the ownership and intellectual property rights in the footage and visuals taken of any participant, his / her family and surrounding on lookers is and shall at all times remain the sole property of VIVO Energy Uganda.
15. Use of the materials stated above shall be at VIVO Energy Uganda’s discretion and VIVO Energy Uganda shall be entitled to disclose any of the participant’s details for administering the promotion, marketing and research related activities, fraud prevention and such other purposes as may be provided in terms and conditions herein and the law.
16. The promotion is offered at the sole discretion of VIVO Energy Uganda and VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right, to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to suspend/amend/terminate the promotion at any time. In case any of these circumstances arise, notice will be given by VIVO Energy Uganda through media advertisements. The notice will be effective immediately or on such date as shall be set out in such notifications.
17. On termination of this promotion for any reason not attributable to the participants, the participants will be required to redeem their prizes within thirty (30) days after such termination date.
18. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to terminate any participant’s participation in the promotion upon: - 1. Suspicion of fraud or attempted fraud; or 2. Multiple claims of ownership over a Shell Boda Club registration; or 3. Breach of any of these terms and conditions; or 4. Such circumstance as may be determined by VIVO Energy Uganda
19. If participation in the promotion is terminated under any of the circumstances set out in Clause 16 above, the participant will lose the right to redeem his/her prize and the same will be deemed to have been forfeited. In addition, VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and recover damages and other expenses incurred in pursuing such action.
20. All queries should be directed to the customer care helpline number 0312210010; available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm. The customers can also use the toll free line 0800220400 also available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm.
21. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend and adjust the promotion format and timings as it deems fit.
22. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend the mechanics & partner prizes as it deems fit at any point in the promotion.
23. VIVO Energy Uganda DOES NOT require you to pay cash, send airtime or any other consideration as a precondition in order to participate or claim any prize in this promotion, and VIVO Energy Uganda will not be liable for any losses or other damage incurred by any person who does not heed this caution.
24. Although VIVO Energy Uganda has used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the promotion are accurate, VIVO Energy Uganda shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material. VIVO Energy Uganda, its agents and sub- contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from: - 1. Matters outside the control of VIVO Energy Uganda, its agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages, etc; 2. Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, service provider software or otherwise which may result in missing characters in the promotional packs, any entry being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded.
25. These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation by VIVO Energy Uganda and any questions or disputes shall be resolved by VIVO Energy Uganda and the decisions reached thereafter shall be final.